Interactive webinar: Discover the transformative potential of open educational resources for your faculty
Intended audience: Education and teaching support staff, instructional designers and technologists, curriculum developers, educational trainers and advisors, coordinators, faculty developers and administrators, information specialists, etc.
Date & time: 8 October 2020; 10:00 - 12:00
Format: Interactive webinar
Platform: Blackboard Collaborate
The subject of open educational resources (OER) is becoming more prominent in higher education, especially in times of need to rapidly digitize courses and switch to online teaching and learning. As an instrumental tool in creating innovative and learner-centered resources, OER are an interesting area to explore for education and teaching support staff.
Do you find yourself among these functions? Would you like to better understand and promote the effective implementation of OER at your faculty?
On 8 October 2020, information specialists from the University of Groningen Library and didactic experts from Education Support & Innovation will host a webinar focused on a comprehensive introduction of the topic of open educational resources to education and teaching support staff.
During this interactive webinar, we will work alongside you and provide:
- Expertise and advice in the area of open education and copyright
- Overview of relevant policies and developments both nationally and internationally
- Tips for finding high-quality open resources
- Help with exploring all the cool things that can be done with reusable and open materials
- Course redesign tools
- Platform for discussions
Your participation won’t just benefit your own work and development – you will also help us better understand your needs and the needs of your faculty’s teachers, so we can work on developing new services and infrastructure to make your lives easier.
After completing this workshop, you will be able to:
1. Understand how to use OER, basics of the copyright and open licenses
2. Identify relevant national and international OER policies and initiatives
3. Recognize the opportunities to use OER for enriching courses at your faculty
Registered participants will receive the webinar link by email before the start of the event. The webinar will be recorded and all registered participants will receive a link to the recording.
For any inquiries or questions regarding the webinar, please feel free to contact the Education Support team at email@example.com.
- Thursday, October 8, 2020
- 10:00am - 12:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Central European Time (change)