(Workshop) Choose the right IT requirements for your research Online
Good data management, based on the FAIR principles (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, Reusable) is essential for the use and reuse of research data. But how to find and use the right IT requirements for your research?
In the era of digital research, this workshop will help you to find, select, setup and use (general)* IT facilities (delivered by the Center for Information Technology) which support your research project optimally.
After the workshop you will be able:
You are aware of available UG IT facilities to support your research. You are able to find and select the IT facilities to best facilitate your research.
This is a general workshop and useful for all researchers, including PostDocs, PhD candidates and research masters, of all disciplines at the University of Groningen.
We offer two breakoutsessions in the second half of the webinar:
- Arcgis online - We present the tutorial: "Tell the story of Irish public history". Enlighten your data for data visualisation. You learn how to create a webmap in the Argis Online platform and share the result with the world.
- Workspaces and available software - How to use the right workspace and select the software for the job. There are many applications avialable on the UG. But where to find the right app for your research?
*disclaimer: in this workshop we give general advices, your institute's or faculty's policy might be different, please check with the research support staff of your faculty.
- Thursday, November 26, 2020
- 10:00am - 11:00am
- Time Zone:
- Central European Time (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.