Interactive webinar: Redesign, enrich and transform your course with open educational resources
Intended audience: University teachers and education specialists
Date & time: 26 October 2021, 10:00 - 12:30 (including a 30-minute Q&A session)
Format: Interactive webinar
Platform: Blackboard Collaborate
The subject of open educational resources (OER) is becoming more prominent in higher education, especially in times of transition to Open Science and a need to switch to blended forms of teaching and learning. As an instrumental tool in reusing existing and creating innovative learner-centered resources, OER are an interesting area to explore for UG teachers.
Would you like to try new and interesting things in your teaching? Do you need some inspiration, practical tools and support with redesigning your courses, making them more open and up-to-date?
On 26 October 2021, information specialists from the University of Groningen Library and didactic experts from Education Support & Innovation will host a webinar focused on helping you redesign and enrich your course (in whole or in part) with open materials.
During this interactive webinar, we will work alongside you and provide:
- Didactic advice
- Expertise in the area of open education and copyright
- Tips for finding high-quality open educational resources
- Help with exploring all the cool things that can be done with reusable and open materials
- Course redesign tools
- Platform for discussions
Your participation won’t just benefit your own course and development – you will also help us better understand your needs, so we can work on developing new services and infrastructure to make your teaching life easier.
After completing this workshop, you will be able to:
- Understand how to use OER, basics of the copyright and open licenses
- Search strategically for and evaluate OER most relevant to your subject area
- Design appropriate teaching and learning activities using OER
Registered participants will receive the webinar link by email before the start of the event. The webinar will be recorded and all registered participants will receive a link to the recording.
For any inquiries or questions regarding the webinar, please feel free to contact the OER support team at email@example.com.
- Tuesday, October 26, 2021
- 10:00am - 12:30pm
- Time Zone:
- Central European Time (change)