Event: Celebrating openness In-Person
What role does open science play in university education? Which opportunities and challenges do academics at the University of Groningen face when practicing open science both in research and teaching?
Join our event on 17 November 2022 to celebrate the many ways in which academics make their research more accessible, transparent or reproducible.
NB: This is a hybrid event; a livestream will be available at https://eu.bbcollab.com/guest/9c7156d1ac5149ca9b7b58397b6ed7cf.
You don't have to register for the event if you join online only.
13.00 - Walk-in
13.15 - Welcome by Prof. Kees Aarts
Dean, Faculty of Behavioural and Social Sciences & Chair of the Steering group of the UG's Open Science Programme
13.30 – Keynote - Open by Design: Campus Fryslân's new MSc Voice Technology
Dr Matt Coler, Campus Fryslan
14.15 - Break
14.30 - Lightning talks - Inspiring open research case studies from UG researchers
Short presentations of the three case studies that were randomly drawn by the jury as winners of the Open Research Award
15.45 - Panel discussion - The role of open science in education and teaching
Moderator: Mira Buist - Zhuk (Academic Information Specialist for Open Education, UB Groningen)
- Dr Benjamin Bewersdorf (University College Groningen & Teaching Academy Groningen)
- Jeroen Bosman (Information specialist Open Science, Utrecht University)
- Kjelda Glimmerveen (MA student, former student assessor Theology and Religious Studies)
- Dr Jolien Mouw (Assistant Professor, Faculty of Behavioural and Social Sciences)
16.45 - Drinks
- Thursday, November 17, 2022
- 1:00pm - 5:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Central European Time (change)
- Van Swinderen Huys, Groningen