UG-only period until 8 November
From 14/10/2023 until 08/11/2023 the University Library City Centre is only accessible for students and staff of the University of Groningen.
No need for reservations outside UG-only periods
As of 9 November, you no longer need to reserve a study place outside the UG-only periods at the UL City Centre and the UL Zernike.
During UG-only periods, you still need to reserve a study place here in LibCal.
See the overview of UG-only periods at the UB City Centre.
Please note: Studio reservations are still required. You can reserve a studio at the UL City Centre via the and a studio at the UL Zernike via .
All EIKON pcs at the UL City Centre and the UL Zernike must still be reserved via LibCal.
The UL City Centre EIKON pcs now have their own category in LibCal. Please select the category "EIKON" instead of "desk with computer".
The EIKON pcs at the Zernike Library need to be reserved via the .
How to reserve a regular study place
- Study places can only be reserved up to 4 days in the future.
- On the floorplan you can see in which areas the seats in the reading rooms are located.
- Click to set the start time, then choose the end time from the pull-down menu below the chart.
- Once you've made your reservation, you will receive a confirmation email with your check in code.
- Do not forget your student card. Otherwise it is not possible to enter the library.
- When you arrive at your study place, check in: scan the QR code on your table and enter the code from your confirmation email.
- Please note: If you haven't checked in, 30 minutes after the start time, your reservation will automatically expire!
- For the time being, you may bring water/tea/coffee to the reading rooms.
- Please dispose of your trash properly, and leave the work place that you used as you’d like to find it.
- Finished early? Check out and make space for a fellow student.
We look forward to seeing you at the UB!